APDS AM (= Additive Manufacturing) is a manufacturing service for making small to medium-sized series of products through 3D printing. APDS AM has a print farm of more than 25 desktop FDM printers that can deliver products 24 hours per day. Various products are made here for both self-developed products and for third parties.
Cases in which AM can be useful:
- Prototyping: making prototypes for evaluating form, size or function
- Production aids: use of AM for making jigs, fixtures and production mold tooling
- Performance improvement: enabling improved performance through new design options
- Production: AM for production of parts in small, medium to high volumes
- Customization and personalization: use AM for creating custom products specific for or specified by your customer
- Spare parts: making parts that are no longer made or kept in stock
- Art, Design, Architecture: a broad field of application in which AM is used for creative projects
In many cases, components designed for injection molding can be printed without a problem. We can advise on this after receiving 3D files. If necessary we can carry out any adjustments for you.
Design for AM
For larger production it is good to take AM as a production method into account from the start. This requires a different approach and has its own design rules. APDS AM can advise on this or take it off your hands.
We prefer to work with PLA or rPLA because it’s a very strong and easy to print material that has a biological origin, instead of a fossil one. It is recyclable and also biodegradable with special composting techniques. It perfectly fits in efforts towards a circular way of working.
If you are interested in the possibilities, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org